Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Froggy on the mend!

An update from Froggy's new mom. He is an incredibly Lucky Dog to find such a wonderful new home.

Lucky Dog Froggy is doing as well as can be expected after major surgery in both hips. As you might guess, attending to his care is a 24 hour job and we're doing just fine with that. He has such spirit, it's really a joy to care for him. He's is pain but he doesn't complain all that much. Right now, I'm sleeping and taking care of my personal needs around the house when he's napping. Any of you that have ever taken care of new babies, know the drill.

Froggy has his first appointment with the physical therapist this afternoon at 1:00p.

He's such a happy dog, I'm confident he'll get through these bad days just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Dog Froggy's Mom is my Mom too,.........so.....I guess he is like my brother (haha)! Love at first sight is all I can say! I went with my Mom to the Adoption event, and really didn't even notice his legs at first because he was so engaging and happy! My Mom had recently lost a dog who was also very sweet, and she wanted to find another one that would benefit from her excellent care and love.
    I have to say, when we were informed about Lucky's condition, and as we watched him walk around dragging his legs, I asked my Mom, "Are you sure you will be happy with not being able to really walk him?' She said, "look at him, he is sooo sweet! Who else is equipped to take care of him with the love and patience, and the time that I have?"
    She couldn't have been more right. This lil pump has all the perks, nice soft bed, toys, a sunroom, and a nice back yard.
    What surprised me and just warms my heart is his affection, spirit, and pure love! He will hug you with his paws, and his head leans right up against you! I played "patty paw" with him, and he knew just how to play......I could swear he was smiling! I get to stop by after work anytime and visit him, and it is refreshing feeling to find so much happiness in such a little being!! It would be wonderful to see him brought to his full potential with surgury for his legs!!
    I know lil Lucky Dog Froggy is happy, and so is my Mom.

    ReplyDelete